Thursday, September 19, 2013

Digital Fine Art vs. Digital Concept Art


Digital Fine Art
When I think of digital fine art, I imagine something that could be a painting or drawing about something, but was instead made on a computer for whatever the reason that the artist chose.

Holger Lippmann




pekthong


Ryohei Hase

how i got my stutter - 5x7 Lustre Digital Fine Art Print





Digital Concept Art
When I think of digital concept art, I think of artists making up characters or settings that, in themselves, hold no meaning, but are placed together in ways that create a meaning or story or something along those lines.







 The general difference between the two kinds of images, is that the fine art pictures seem to tell some kind of story while the concept art seems meaningless, though the concept setting does tell some story simply because there is more to is than just a simple landscape.

Comparing and contrasting Sarolta Ban's work to Aleix Merlos's work, you will see a big difference. Ban's work is clearly meant to convey some kind of message (though I dont know what it is exactly) but it has a mood and some sort of emotion behind it. Compare this to Merlos's line art of the photo, there is no story behind it and it is simply a picture of a woman wearing something I would say is cosplay (though again, I am not actually sure of that). I mean, there may be a story behind the woman and what she is doing, you could come up with a story for her... but it is just a line drawing that I assume will become part of a bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment